Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Sheldon Brown RIP

Sheldon Brown was "the man" when it came to information on fixed gears and bikes in general by way of the internet. If you goggled "fixed gear" he was always one of the first sites to pop up. Besides looking like strange, eccentric and a tad bit crazy, he obviously was. I mean that in the best way possible, eccentric to the bone. I spent hours upon hours digging through page after page of his comprehensive site, learning many things that not a bike store within 40 miles of my home could tell me. Hell, I even read his personal stories and countless bikes, about what movies he watched and even listened to some of his kids music. Even in his final days of struggling with MS he maintained his site and even took a few last rides. He was a veritable wealth of information and will be missed by most cyclists. Rock on Man- If were lucky his site will live on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter Locations of visitors to this page